Live in de studio meerdere stijlen van yoga! >>
SACRED SOUND & CACAO CEREMONY
SACRED SOUND & CACAO CEREMONY
by Gonca Gürses van Herpen
No prior experience is needed, everyone is welcome!
We will set on a journey inside with the healing sounds and raw cacao, which has been used in ceremonies in South America for thousands of years and is considered sacred. Cacao supports us to communicate easily with our inner guidance and the vibrations of healing sounds open up the field to a deeper level.
During the ceremony, we can free ourselves from the burdens, get rid of negative or old emotions, thoughts, beliefs, and thinking patterns that no longer serve us.
While receiving healing at a cellular level in the magical vibrational field of sacred sound, cacao works especially on the blockages of the heart and opens up a space to live the feeling of being connected with our inner self, truth, divine light in love and gratitude.
WHAT IS A SACRED SOUND AND CACAO CEREMONY?
Sound and cacao open a sacred and safe space holding us softly and compassionately. Sacred sounds carry us out of time and space, calming and even quieting our minds that is very precious to meet our inner self and hear our inner voice with the guidance of powerful, compassionate cacao plant medicine. The ancient cacao plant helps us to release the blockages caused by old beliefs, thought patterns, and emotions that no longer serve us, by reaching deep into our subconscious, showing compassion and forgiveness to ourselves and others. Cacao shows us the way how to move forward if we are stuck, or afraid of making necessary changes in our lives.
Cacao is not psychoactive and does not take you out of your body.
While keeping your space tenderly, compassionately, sacred sound and cacao enable you to reconnect deeply with your inner guidance to receive answers on what you need to let go of, what you need to know about your intention. In this inner journey, the inaudible becomes heard, the invisible becomes visible.
Every ceremony and experience is unique.
HISTORY OF CACAO
Cacao, which has been used as very important food, medicine and even used as money in trade. With its 4000 years of history, it is an ancient plant used in important ceremonies first in the Olmec civilizations in Central and South America, then in Maya and Aztec civilizations. Mayans consume this drink, which they form by mixing the ground cacao beans with water, pouring from one vessel to another, and consume it as a thick foamy ceremonial drink. In Latin, the cacao tree is called Theobroma cacao, which means “Food of the Gods”. In the Mayan language it is called “ka’kau”, chokola” and in the Aztec language, it’s called “xocolatl” which means bitter water. Many legends and frescoes have told that this sacred plant is a gift of God.
In the 16th century, cacao beans reached Spain; they drink this as hot chocolate by sweetening it with sugar and honey. It took almost a century to reach France in the 17th century.
WHAT IS CEREMONIAL CACAO?
Cacao generally is used in powder form which is the extraction of the cacao butter from the whole cacao beans. In 1828 (Dutch) Coenraad J. van Houten treated cacao with alkaline salts to make it into a powder form to mix easily for pastry purposes. The processed cacao loses its nutritional value due to its exposure to heat.
Ceremonial cacao is 100% raw cacao that has not lost its benefits and nutritional value. For this reason, it is accepted as a “superfood” which is an important supplement food supporting our physical, emotional, mental health.
In addition, ceremonial cacao is holistic which means from the cultivation to the moment we receive it there is a collaboration of intention. Those farmers grow the cacao with intention, demonstrating respect for the cacao trees and the ecosystem which protect the pure form of cacao and honor every step including fair trade. The purity of this ancient plant with its wisdom allows us to experience the quality of our journey at the highest level in body, mind, spirit.
BENEFITS OF CACAO
Raw cacao, which has been used ceremonially for 4000 years, gives people energy, strength, and also makes people happy.
- contains potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, zinc, and magnesium which contribute to cardiovascular health.
- strengthens immunity. It is good for the skin and teeth.
- provides the production and release of three hormones that are also called bliss molecules: Dopamine, Anandamide, and Serotonin, which makes us feel calm, positive, and happy.
- Serotonin provides good quality sleep in connection with relaxation.
- has anti-inflammatory properties.
- its content of theobromine and theophylline helps in improving the symptoms of asthma.
- is rich in Flavonoids increase the level of nitric oxide in the blood, lowering blood pressure, and bad cholesterol.
- increases intestinal absorption.
- soothes premenstrual syndrome and depression.
- is antidiabetic. It slows down carbohydrate absorption, improves insulin secretion, and balances sugar. Improves symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- contains polyphenols that help manage blood pressure levels and keep your blood vessels healthy and flexible, promoting good circulation. This increases the blood flow to the brain, creating more mental agility, awareness, focus, and supports neuron production. For this reason, it is a good food source against Alzheimer’s.
- Polyphenols also can reduce and help control your blood sugar levels and is a very rich source of antioxidants with chromium that balances blood sugar levels.
- Theobromine energizes and caffeine content boosts energy levels in the body longer than coffee with the feeling of bliss and relieves fatigue.
Kies uit meer dan 20 wekelijkse yoga- en meditatielessen! Yoga Innerwork maakt gebruik van rittenkaarten, maar ook abonnement. Eerst een proefles? Dat is ook mogelijk. Schrijf je nu in!